Shabbat San Diego is financed, coordinated and managed through communal volunteer committee efforts. Shabbat San Diego utilizes the tax deductibility and accounting systems of The Jewish Federation of San Diego County.
In order to assist all community members to participate in Shabbat San Diego, we need sponsorship funds for:
- Developing and distributing materials for use by participants in all of the events and the Shabbat itself;
- Funding the community wide Challah Making event and providing ingredients, utensils and infrastructure for this 3000 person event;
- Helping hosts with Shabbat meals for those hosting multiple families;
- Funding assistance for community Shabbat Dinners and other programs;
- Ensuring no potential participant is unable for financial reasons to enjoy this special International Unity Shabbat;
- Producing and Distributing Shabbat Kits to all Shabbat Dinner hosts;
- Funding the community Havdalah Celebration including marketing, entertainment, refreshments, infrastructure and security for the over 3000 participants expected;
- Getting the word out regarding all aspects of the program through an extensive media campaign across various channels.
Your donation will assist:
- $18 Provides Challah Making opportunities for 3 people
- $36 Provides Shabbat Kit for 4 hosts
- $180 Provides Shabbat Dinner for 6 at Community venues
- $360 Assists 4 hosting families provide Shabbat dinners to guests
- $560 Pre-event subsidy
For larger donations and public acknowledgements please see the Patron and Sponsorship Opportunities section.