Shabbat San Diego is financed, coordinated and managed through communal volunteer committee efforts. Shabbat San Diego utilizes the tax deductibility and accounting systems of Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center .
In order to assist all community members to participate in Shabbat San Diego, we need sponsorship funds for:
- Developing and distributing materials for use by participants in all of the events and the Shabbat itself;
- Funding the community wide Challah Making event and providing ingredients, utensils and infrastructure for this 3000 person event;
- Helping hosts with Shabbat meals for those hosting multiple families;
- Funding assistance for community Shabbat Dinners and other programs;
- Ensuring no potential participant is unable for financial reasons to enjoy this special International Unity Shabbat;
- Producing and Distributing Shabbat Kits to all Shabbat Dinner hosts;
- Funding the community Havdalah Celebration including marketing, entertainment, refreshments, infrastructure and security for the over 3000 participants expected;
- Getting the word out regarding all aspects of the program through an extensive media campaign across various channels.
Your donation will assist:
- $18 Provides Challah Making opportunities for 3 people
- $36 Provides Shabbat Kit for 4 hosts
- $180 Provides Shabbat Dinner for 6 at Community venues
- $360 Assists 4 hosting families provide Shabbat dinners to guests
- $560 Pre-event subsidy
For larger donations and public acknowledgements please see the Patron and Sponsorship Opportunities section.